Views: 0 Author: Leapion Publish Time: 2022-04-14 Origin: https://www.coosharcnc.com/
Yesterday we shared how much does a CNC wood router cost, today Leapion laser shared how to choose the best CNC router bits for wood.
In CNC woodworking, many details can affect the quality, accuracy and appearance of the final woodworking project, especially the choice of CNC machine tools for woodworking.
Choosing the right router tool according to different processing materials and different machining processes is an important factor to ensure fast and efficient production.
So what kinds of CNC router bits for woodworking are divided into? What kind of woodworking is suitable for each router bit?
1. Flat bottom router bits, also called column router bits, mainly rely on the side edge for carving, and the bottom edge is mainly used for flat polishing. The end face of the head of the column router bit is large, and the working efficiency is high. It is mainly used for contour cutting, milling plane, area rough carving, surface rough carving, etc.
2. Straight router bit is also a relatively common one, which is often used to carve large characters. The edge of the material cut by it is straight, which is generally used for PVC and acrylic cutting to make characters.
3. Milling cutter is the most common tool in CNC wood carving machine processing. Milling cutters are divided into many types according to their shapes. For example, double-edged spiral milling cutters used when cutting acrylic and MDF, single-edged spiral ball-end milling cutters for large deep relief processing of cork, MDF, solid wood, and acrylic. It is a prismatic milling cutter used when making high-density boards, solid wood doors, and furniture. Of course, many tool manufacturers will also make special tools according to the special requirements of many customers, such as large chip-removing spiral milling cutters that are more suitable for cutting density boards and chip removal. The round bottom cutter is more suitable for precision small relief carving.
4. Ball end router tool, the cutting edge of the ball router tool is arc-shaped, forming a hemisphere during the carving process of the wood cutting machine, the process is evenly stressed and the cutting is stable. Ball router tools are not suitable for milling planes.
5. Bullnose router bit is a mixture of fluted column router bit and ball end router bit. In addition, it has the features of a ball end router bit to carve curved surfaces, and on the other hand, it has the features of a fluted column router bit and can be used for plane milling.
6. Tapered flat bottom router bits, abbreviated as tapered router bits. They have the widest range of applications in the entire carving industry. The bottom edge of the cone router bit, commonly known as the tip, is similar to a column router bit, and can be used for the finishing of small planes. The side edge of the cone router bit is inclined at a certain angle to form an inclined side surface during the carving process. The structural features of the cone router bit can enable it to achieve the unique three-dimensional angle clearing effect of the carving industry. Cone router bits are mainly used for single-line carving, area rough carving, area fine carving, 3D clear angle, projection carving, image gray scale carving, etc.
7. Tapered end mill, referred to as tapered ball nose router bit. It's a mixture of cone milling cutter and ball milling cutter. Furthermore, it has the features of a cone cutter with a small tip, and on the other hand, it has the features of a ball router bit, which can engrave relatively fine curved surfaces.
8. Tapered bullnose router bit is a mixture of cone router bit and bullnose router bit. Moreover, it has the features of a cone shaped router bit to cut relatively fine curved surfaces, and on the other hand, it has a bullnose shaper cutter. Because of its features, the tapered bullnose router bit is often used for relief carving.
9. The V-Groove router bits are designed to cut deep or shallow V-shaped grooves.
10. Drill bits are mainly used for drilling. When the hole is relatively shallow, clearing bottom router bits can be used to drill holes.
For more information about Entry Level CNC Router for Woodworking, please contact Leapion laser directly, Leapion laser 7×24 hours online service.