Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-18 Origin: Site
CNC lathes and CNC milling machines are widely used in the field of manufacturing. Today, Leapion Laser introduces the differences between CNC lathes and CNC milling machines.
The CNC lathe is that the workpiece rotates and the tool is fixed. The CNC milling machine workpiece is fixed, and the tool is rotating.
1) The workpiece is on the spindle of the CNC lathe, and the tool is on the tool holder and moves linearly in the XZ plane.
2) The spindle of the CNC milling machine is the milling cutter, and the workpiece is on the worktable. When the milling machine is working, the workpiece is mounted on the worktable or on the accessories such as the indexing head. The rotation of the milling cutter is the main movement, supplemented by the worktable or the milling head. With the feed movement, the workpiece can obtain the desired machining surface. Due to the multi-tool intermittent cutting, the productivity of CNC milling machines is high.
1) CNC lathe A lathe refers to a machine tool that mainly uses a turning tool to turn a rotating workpiece.
On the lathe, drills, reaming holes, reamers, taps, dies and knurling tools can be used for corresponding processing.
CNC lathes are mainly used to process shafts, discs, sleeves and other workpieces with revolving surfaces, and are the most widely used type of machine tools in machinery manufacturing and repair factories.
Machines for rotary machining such as milling machines and drilling machines are derived from lathes.
2) CNC milling machine refers to a machine tool that mainly uses milling cutters to process various surfaces on the workpiece. Usually the rotary motion of the milling cutter is the main motion, and the plane movement of the workpiece and the milling cutter is the feed motion.
CNC milling machine is a machine tool that uses milling cutters to mill workpieces. On the milling machine, planes (horizontal planes, vertical planes), grooves (keyways, T-shaped slots, dovetail grooves, etc.), toothed parts (gears, spline shafts, etc.) can be processed. , sprocket, spiral surface (thread, spiral groove) and various surfaces.
In addition, CNC milling machines can also be used to process the surface of the rotating body, the inner hole and the cutting work. The productivity of the milling machine is high due to the multi-tool interrupted cutting.
1) The application range of CNC lathes is very wide, involving defense aviation, automobile industry, mold manufacturing, machining, parts construction, etc., as long as there are mechanical industries, CNC machine tools will be used.
2) CNC milling machines are currently mainly used in small batch parts processing and product trial production, reducing or even eliminating special tools, fixtures, measuring tools and special tools. Such as mold industry, machinery manufacturing industry, information and communication industry, light industry, etc.
For additional information and content inquiries about CNC lathes, please follow Leapion Laser.